200g white sugar
1/4 cup water
140ml heavy cream
- Sugar into wok, add water, and stir to dissolve.
- Medium heat for ~10 mins. Don't stir.
- Cube the butter and measure out the cream.
- When the foam starts turning brown, reduce the heat and give it a swirl
so the foam disappears and you can see what's going on.
- When the caramel turns dark brown, turn off the heat.
- Dump in the butter and cream and whisk to combine.
- Add salt flakes, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Do not taste it for at least 10 mins. Seriously, sugar burns are no
Caramel banana boats
- Slit open the bananas.
- Place on the grill.
- Fill the slit with caramel.
- When the banana starts coming away from the peel, it's done.