Software engineer. I'm originally from Northumberland, England. I studied
Physics and Philosophy at Oxford. I lived in Switzerland
for a few years. I now live in Tokyo and work for Tsuru Capital.
I wrote Haskell professionally for many years; these days I write Rust.
- I'm a member of Shōryū Matsuridaiko, a modern-style eisa troupe.
- I practise aikido at Azabu Dojo; I'm Aikikai 1-dan.
- I sing with Tokyo Embassy Choir and the Tokyo Chamber Singers.
- I play the sanshin, an Okinawan precursor to the shamisen.
- I also love skiing and camping.
- cbdr: Helps you run validation benchmarks in your CI.
- epimetheus: An easy-to-use metrics library.
- pcarp: A library for reading pcap-ng files.
- git-absolve: Shows the number of lines modified by each person.
- Maybe some other stuff too?
- repay: Computes the most efficient way for everyone to repay their debts.
- priomutex: A mutex where where high-priority threads get woken up first.
- panic-monitor: Lets you block until some thread panics.
- burst_pool: An SPMC channel for opportunistic work-stealing.
- gitlab-sync: A gitlab -> git-series bridge.
- orpa: Enforces code review requirements (work-in-progress).
- git-scripts: Misc. git stuff.