- [ ] White rice, 200g
- [ ] Medium egg, x2
- [ ] Char-siu or ham, 2 slices
- [ ] Negi, quarter of a stalk
- [ ] Negi leaf, quarter of a stalk
- [ ] Mizuna, a handful
- [ ] Garlic, 2 cloves
- [ ] Carrot, half
- [ ] Sake or mirin, 1 tbsp
- [ ] Soy sauce, 3 tbsp
- Wash the rice, into the donabe with 200g water, and onto the hob, medium heat.
When it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and start a 15 min timer.
- Prep the vegetables: finely dice the carrot, finely chop the
negi, medium chop the negi leaf (keeping it separate), crush the garlic.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt, pepper, and mirin, and beat.
- Slice the char-siu/ham into small cubes.
- When the timer hits 10 mins, put the carrot in the wok with some oil on low heat
- When the timer hits 5 mins, add the negi and garlic
- When the timer hits 0 mins, make a well in the wok, spoon in the rice.
- Pour over the egg and mix thoroughly. Try to coat all the rice in egg. Be
quick to avoid scrambled egg.
- Add in the meat, negi leaf, and mizuna, and stir.
- Pour over some soy sauce, mix it in, taste, repeat until tasty.