Serves 2. Takes 30 mins.
Check your stocks of: butter, olive oil, lemon juice, sage, thyme, couscous, and white wine.
You need to buy: two skin-on chicken breasts, chicken stock, and a shallot.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230 C.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Olive oil in pan, medium heat.
- Place in chicken skin-down, fry for 5 mins.
- Peel and dice the shallot.
- Turn the chicken over, fry for 1 min.
- Chicken onto a baking tray and into the oven for 15 mins at 230 C fan.
- Shallots into the pan, fry for a few minutes.
- Heat a 1/2 cup chicken stock in a saucepan.
- Measure 1/2 cup couscous into a bowl and mix in some olive oil.
- Add the stock to the couscous and leave for 10 mins.
- A glug of wine, plenty of herbs, and a splash of lemon juice into the pan.
- When shallots are soft, add 25g butter.
- Chicken out of oven, slice.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and serve.
Next time: try brining the chicken in luke-warm salt water for 15 mins before starting.