Serves 3. Takes 45 mins.
- [ ] 1 tin chickpeas (200g)
- [ ] 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- [ ] 1 tin coconut milk (200g)
- [ ] 1 large onion
- [ ] 4 cloves garlic
- [ ] Ginger (1 cubic inch)
- [ ] (optional) almond powder
- [ ] Spices (garam masala, or: curry powder, cumin, cloves, paprika, coriander seed, chilli powder, turmeric)
- Dice the onions.
- Heat some olive oil in a wok and soften the onions.
- Mince the garlic and grate the ginger. (Or use paste.)
- Make a well in the wok, add some more oil, and fry the garlic and ginger.
- Dump in the tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle in the almonds.
- Cook until most of the water is gone and it's a soft clump.
- Puree using a handheld blender.
- Dump in the coconut milk.
- Add spices and sugar to taste.
Serve with nan or rice.