Serves 2, takes 24 hours.
- 410g bread flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- 1.25 tsp salt
- Mix yeast with some water and a pinch of sugar.
- Mix flour, salt, water, and oil; stir.
- Add in yeast, stir, and covert the bowl with plastic.
- After 10-20 mins, fold dough over on itself a few times.
- Repeat step 4 for about an hour.
- Spray with olive oil and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, line a baking tray with parchment and spray with olive oil.
- Dump in the dough and stretch it out a bit.
- Cover with plastic and leave on the counter.
- Place a heavy baking tray in the oven and start pre-heating at 200C.
- After about an hour, stretch the dough out to the corners of the tray.
- Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. (Or: cover with tomato sauce)
- Place on the hot tray and bake at 200C (fan) for 25 mins.
- Move it to a rack to cool for 30 mins. (If you skip this you'll have a soggy bottom!)
- 3/4 can tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Whizz the ingredients in a blender. Apply to the focaccia pre-baking, making
sure to cover the whole top (or you'll get burned bits). Once it's done,
top with rocket and mozzarella.