Sort of carbonara-like, but with no pork. Serves 3.
3 servings pasta
1 egg and 2 yolks
3 cloves garlic
- Tear off the mushroom stems and break them into even-sized pieces
- Put plenty of olive oil in the wok. When it's shimmering, tip in the mushrooms
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Dice the shallot and mince the garlic.
- Once the mushrooms have browned nicely, start the pasta cooking.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the wok. (And salt if you like)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, grate in the parmesan, add black pepper.
- When the pasta is al dente, extract some of the water.
- Strain the pasta through a collander and tip into the wok.
- Add some pasta water to the egg slurry and beat it.
- Pour in the slurry, mixing vigorously. If it's too thick add some more pasta water.
- Chop the parsely and mix it in.