Coconut and Lentil Soup
- Put a bit of oil in the bottom of the saucepan and place over lowish heat.
- Add some finely chopped onion and celery and carrot, softening rather than browning for about 10 mins.
- Add spices, eg. cumin, turmeric (not too much), ground coriander, fenugreek, curry powder (not too much).
- Cover with 1cm of orange lentils and mix for a couple of mins.
- Add 1/2 a cube of chicken stock and ~1/2L of water. Add more if needed.
- Shave in 50g of solid creamed coconut.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and stir for 20-30 mins.